Monday, 1 October 2012

10/100 - a not very restful rest day

Didn't go into the gym this morning because I had to get into work really early today to get some work done. I hoped to finish work early enough to go to the gym afterwards, but before the annoying sweatfest that is a gym after 5pm on a Monday, when most people go to 'un-do' the weekend's excesses.

As we all know about plans, however, 'aft gan awry', or whatever the quote is, and I didn't get out of work early enough. Long day in the office. So instead, today has been a 'rest' day - and I came home and cooked a healthy dinner.

Food has been much better today - I avoided a big charity bake sale at work, because I knew I would just eat loads of cake if I saw it all in front of me, and I ate reasonably good meals, and what few snacks I had were healthy. However, it's been DIFFICULT. Really, really difficult. I know that the more days I do this, the easier it will hopefully become over time, but it's going to take every single ounce of willpower I have to keep it going. And unfortunately some of my willpower is already spoken for - I need it for swimming class on Wednesday, and for getting up at 5am tomorrow so I can be at the gym for opening time!! *laughs*

One day at a time. x

No comments:

Post a Comment