Monday, 22 October 2012

31/100 - YOU try and come up with 100 witty blog post titles

Monday again, and after yesterday's fantastic day at the climbing centre, I was pleased to note just a gentle ache in my quads, no other muscle aches or pains. So, I went off for a pre-work session in the gym, feeling pretty good.

Of course, once I got going in the gym, I realised the quads weren't the only thing that ached, and it was only after doing some tricep pushdowns that I realised my arms were a wee bit achey too. I tried to minimise the pressure on my thighs/quads to work hard, by doing leg press (which focusses more on the glutes) and upper body work, though the kettlebell swinging has a slight squat in each swing which hasn't done my quads the world of good, haha. Today's workout: (quite short, really - I wanted to have enough in my legs to do a running session tomorrow)

1) 5 minutes cross-trainer warm-up

2) Leg press (machine) - single leg - 30kg, x 10 each side, x 5 sets

3) Chest press (machine) - 17½ kg, x 20, x 4 sets

4) Kettlebell swings - 20kg, x 20, x 2 sets
5) Kettlebell swings - 24kg, x 10
6) Repeat 4, 5

7) Tricep pushdown (on cable machine with angle-bar hold) - 10kg, x 20, x 2 sets


So, short but not too bad. I would normally chest press heavier, but I was aiming for more reps than usual. Found it difficult today to swing the 24kg kettlebell all the way so my arms are parallel to the floor, but I wasn't too bad. Still buzzing after yeaterday's climbing, by the way... feel really pleased with how it went. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're in such good shape. When I used to go climbing, I would get the most incredible aches for days afterwards. Also, the famous 'climbing arms' when at the pub directly after climbing - you go to pick up your pint and realise that you can't actually lift it safely to your mouth. Go you and your amazing gym training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao, I might not have done as much climbing as you'd think. :) thanks, though - now, 2 days after, I definitely have sore forearms/triceps, but just quietly in the background. No soreness anywhere else, hurrah!!

    ReplyDelete