Wednesday, 24 October 2012

33/100 - the challenge goes on, me less so

I woke up early, and had a few jobs to do around the flat before going to the gym this morning, and it wasn't until I was in the car (2 hours after getting up) that I realised I had forgotten to eat breakfast. Regardless, I went to the gym, did a warm-up, did some stretches, then headed to the treadmill. Today's 'workout':

1) 5 minutes cross-trainer warm-up

2) Treadmill - 1km run - 6:57

3) Assisted chin-up (machine) - 55kg assist (27kg resistance) - x 10 wide overhand hold, then x 10 narrow hammer hold
4) Assisted chin-up (machine) - 60kg assist (22kg resistance) - x 15 wide overhand hold, then x 15 narrow hammer hold

5) Plank (arms on upturned Bosu), 30 seconds, x 2
6) Russian twists, sat on Bosu, 6kg ball - x 20
7) Plank (arms on upturned Bosu), 30 seconds, x 2



You'll note this was a very short workout!! Basically, running that 1km on the treadmill wiped me out. Way more than usual. While I was trying to do the chin ups, I was drenched with sweat, and really tired - very unusual. I thought about whether the lack of breakfast (as in, the half-a-wholemeal-bagel I normally have) would have quite as much effect, but really, thinking things through, I think it's more the fact that I ate rubbish yesterday, and loads of sugar, so by not breaking my fast this morning, on a sugar comedown, I've clearly depleted my energy stores. Very silly move.

I called it a day early, and when I got home I got a cereal bar from the cupboard and dropped it into my gym bag, so if I forget to eat again, I'll still have something.

Busy day today, so unfortunately there's no room in the schedule for another workout today - and guess what, my swimming class was cancelled again!!! *sulks* Got my hair cut, and I must have been rambling on a bit, as the hairdresser tried to sell me their super-special clarifying shampoo for washing chlorine out effectively! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, glad to see you're still managing to fit in some activity despite being busy!!
    Excellent idea to keep a snack in your bag.
    I've started doing the same because I have a long commute and you never know when the delay will be longer than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki - yes, it's a good plan, so long as I remember to do it!! :D

    ReplyDelete