Wednesday, 10 October 2012

19/100 - Carpe diem

Swimming was cancelled today (some sort of temporary problem at the pool), but instead of just taking this as an unplanned rest day, I seized the fish and went to the gym instead.

Obviously, I'm still avoiding the treadmill, and today I was thinking I would do other cardio, but I'll be honest here, I hate the bike, and I find the elliptical trainer mind-numbing and sometimes toe-numbing, so I decided instead to swing some kettlebells to get my heart rate up. I also wanted to capitalise on yesterday's workout - my glutes were exercised yesterday in the leg press and lunges, and I decided I would give 'em a tiny bit more work today with some front squats. So, once again, I made up the workout as I went along. Today's workout took about 45 minutes:

1) 5 minutes cross-trainer warm-up

2) Bicep curls with a 10kg barbell - x 20
3) Front squats with a 10kg barbell - x 20
4) Repeat 2 & 3 twice (i.e. 3 sets in total)

5) Chest press (machine) - 20kg, x 15, x 2 sets
6) Chest incline (machine) - 20kg, x 15, x 2 sets

7) Kettlebell single arm clean & press - 8kgs x 10 each side
8) Kettlebell single arm swings - 12kgs x 30 (alternating sides)
9) Kettlebell single arm swings - 16kgs x 20 (alternating sides) - x 2 sets
10) Kettlebell single arm swings - 12kgs x 30 (alternating sides)
11) Kettlebell single arm clean & press - 8kgs x 10 each side

12) Sit-ups (feet supported under 16kg Vipr) - x 20, x 2 sets



Simple. I probably ought to have added some time on the rowing machine, but I didn't want to stay too long today, I wanted to get into work. My poor glutes... 3 sets of weighted squats, after yesterday's work? See when I eventually get my food intake sorted and start dropping the weight? My bum is going to be in the best shape EVER, haha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment