A rest day today; I want to get my head in the right place for the run on Sunday so I've been thinking about my motivation and inspirations today. It's hard to put it into words - and I can't really do so today, but I promise one day in this 100 Day Challenge I'll come back to this!
I think I still make poor decisions towards my overall goals and ambitions, and really I need to focus on my aims and what will help me get there. At the slimming group I attend on Thursday nights, we talk a bit about our week, and last night my comments were about how I'm coming to the realisation that I focus FAR too much on what I've still got to achieve, rather than what I already have.
I don't mean I should lose sight of the end goals, but I really have to start giving myself credit for what I AM achieving. I'm going to try and acknowledge one really awesome thing every day, if I can. Today I'm still on a high from things like putting myself out there to learn to swim; it's really unlike the old version of me, but the more I can put myself in these scary and challenging places, the more I will chip away at the old walls of "I can't" and "I won't" that have been cemented in place for such a long time.
I can. I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment