So since my swimming class is going through some sort of crisis at the moment, and hasn't been on for the past 3 weeks, I figured I should just suck it up and try to get myself into a swimming pool anyway. To be fair, I thought that over 2 weeks ago, and only just managed to pluck up the nerve to do so today!!
I went to the pool at my gym, before work this morning, and found it pleasantly warm (in huge contrast to the cold high school pool I've been learning in!) and relatively quiet. The whole pool is the same depth, no 'deep end', so I decided I would try to swim a whole length in whatever stroke I could manage, and just put my foot down at any point I felt necessary. I also wanted to try to focus on my breathing, doing what we've been getting taught in class.
I'm not saying I swam well (hahahaha), gracefully, or powerfully.... in fact, it was all a bit ridiculous - BUT, I made it from one end to the other, without stopping. I stood up, calmed down a bit, and set off back again.
Amazingly, I managed the whole of the second length too. And the third.... and the fourth. And after 20 minutes of being in the pool, I completed my TENTH length. *throws arms aloft*
To be fair, I was about done in after my 9th lap, but who stops at 9?? Hahahahaha, stupid numbers-geekiness nearly did me in, but I made it to 10, then called it a day. Later on, at work, I looked up the pool's length on the internet, and was amazed to find out it was 25m. So today I swam 250m, albeit with the 9 breaks lol.
I will definitely be trying to put swimming into my training routines more often - as in, doing a gym session followed by a swim, or trying to build up on my number of lengths, but also I'm really keen to learn strokes properly - so I hope my evening class gets going again very soon!!!!
In conclusion: yay!!
Great job Sarah! Properly brave. and Yay. Cx.
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks love. x x
ReplyDeleteBOOYAH! That's huge! :)
ReplyDeleteWoooo!! *bounce*
ReplyDeleteWell done getting back in the pool!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nikki. x x x
ReplyDelete