I think blogging daily is actually helping keep me accountable. I don't want to have to write about too many rest days, haha. Glad I chose this challenge to head towards 2013. :)
It's early, but I've already done my workout for the day, with a gym trip at 6.30am. It was a decent hour of resistance and core work, and then I headed home for breakfast and to prepare tonight's dinner. It's miserable weather, so I've put some lean beef, veggies, spices and stock, into the slow cooker; it'll be ready when I get home from work, yum! Anyways... today's workout:
1) 5 mins cross-trainer warm-up
2) Cable oblique twists - 5kgs, x 20 each side
3) Cable single-arm row with lunge - 5kgs, x 15 each side
4) Repeat 2, 3
5) Flat bench tricep extensions - 5kg plate, x 20
6) Bench press - 20kg barbell, x15
7) Repeat 5, 6
8) Leg press (machine) - 70kg, x 20
9) Calf raises, x 20
10) Repeat 8, 9
11) Sit ups (feet supported) x 20
12) Russian twists with 6kg ball, x 30
13) Plank - 30 seconds
14) Repeat 11, 12, 13
Not a bad wee workout. :) I don't get to use the cable machine very often, as it's always taken up by the bigger guys, lol.
So, my running plans... Well, I'm signed up for my second half marathon at the end of May, but I'm going to focus on my speed for a while, as I think worrying about distances messed up the work I'd been doing before the summer improving my speed.
In every two week period, I'm going to do one 5km time trial run (i.e. parkrun), one 'long run' (5 miles or further), and at least 4 interval sessions, one of which MUST include hills (booooo), and each of the interval sessions must last for at least 30 mins. In addition, because I'll also be keeping up gym work as cross training and conditioning, once in that two weeks I'll do a 1km treadmill time trial - no more often that that, just once every 2 weeks, as a test.
My aim is to focus on speedwork, so I'll be making as much use of my Garmin watch's 'virtual pacer' function as I can. Hopefully from here I can be a bit more structured and in less than 32 weeks' time I will smash my half marathon PB. That's the plan, anyway.......
I like this challenge... 1/4 done already, bloody brilliant :)
ReplyDeleteBtw I am reading but the Blogger captcha is really really annoyingly hard to read sometimes so I give up on the comments!
I'm not really liking Blogger as a blog host, but it seemed the best idea at the time. :) x x x
ReplyDelete