Thursday, 11 October 2012

20/100 - Weighty matters...

So in this blog I've been focussing on the fitness/exercise aspect of my health & weightloss journey, and of course as anyone who's ever tried to lose weight knows, you can exercise as much as you damn well please but if you don't get your food intake right, you're screwed.

I'm getting fitter, but no less fatter. I'm not losing weight, and I'm not about to start blaming muscle growth or something like that; I eat too much. Way, way too much. I make bad choices, I eat unhealthy food, and the manner in which I eat is unhelpful. I need to kick things up a bit.

Today was an exercise rest day, because I needed to be in work early, and after work I go to my slimming group. I attend a Slimming World class because it's an eating plan that's worked well for me in the past. This time around my head's not in the game, I'm really not losing weight, while there's still so far to go - I think it's mostly because I've been focussing so much on exercise. But you know, I think I've cracked that now, insofar as exercise is a habit. So now I need to make healthy eating a habit too.

I'm going to start tracking my food tomorrow, and I'll update thoughts about food in here every now and again, such as particularly good recipes or sneaky tips I'm discovering. It really IS time for me to start losing weight again...!!!

Weighed in at SW tonight at 182.5 lbs. Expect Thursday night updates from now on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment