Thursday, 18 October 2012

27/100 - Gym, weigh-in, must be Thursday.

I have no idea what to write for post titles, but that should be pretty obvious by now, haha. So, today, gym before work, a quick drink in the pub after work, then off to slimming class for the weekly weigh-in. Ummmm... let's do the easy stuff first. Today's workout: an intervals session, of sorts, on the treadmill.

1) 5 minutes cross-trainer warm-up

2) Treadmill - 2km run - 14:42. This was an session where I started running at a slow pace, then knocked the treadmill speed up by 0.1 km/hr every 30 seconds. It was hard going, but by the time I was running quite fast, it had 'crept up' on me.

3) Chest press (machine) - 20kg x 15
4) Lat pulldown (machine) - 25kg x 15

5) Treadmill - 1km run - 7:19 - another start-slow-speed-up, but this time increasing speed every 20 seconds

6) Leg extension (machine) - 30kg x 20
7) Curl & press, 2 x 5kg dumbbells, x 20

8) Treadmill - 1km run - 7:44 - was supposed to be similar to before, but flagged in the second half and kept it at a slower pace.


So, not a bad wee running session - I was somewhat sweaty by the end, I know I can push myself a bit more, but over the next few months that's exactly what I'll be trying to do.

So. Now. Weigh-in tonight. I lost just half a lb (sigh) this week, taking me to 182 lbs. It's somewhat frustrating, but I know I made some bad food choices during the week, and can't be surprised. I don't know what I'm going to do about my mindset at the moment - I just constantly seem to sabotage myself, and I know exactly what I'm doing at the time. So, how to stop it? Well, I guess I have to figure that out, and pretty fast. I can get there, just need to find my focus. x

No comments:

Post a Comment