I know I promised to outline my running plans, and I have made them, but this post is already going to be quite long, so I'll come back to that tomorrow, sorry.
It's been a while since I last did this, but some days I can fit two workouts in if I want to, and some days I kinda need to because of timetable clashes etc. Today was a bit of a mix of both - I was later getting to the gym this morning before work, so cut my workout short, so later on I thought I'd fit a second workout in, this time in the gym at work during my lunchbreak (so also a short one, to leave me time for showering etc. and getting back to my desk).
Today's first workout: (40 mins, incl. stretches)
1) 5 mins cross trainer warm-up
2) Leg extension (machine) - single leg - 15kg, x 10 each side, x 2 sets
3) Seated pulley rows - 20kg, x 20, x 2 sets
4) Chest press (machine) - 20kg, x 20, x 2 sets
5) Kettlebell single arm clean & press - 8kg, x 10 each side
6) Front squats holding 8kg kettlebell - x 20
7) Kettlebell single arm swing - 12kg x 30 (alternating sides)
8) Repeat 5, 6, 7
Today's second workout:
1) Treadmill brisk walk warm-up - 1km - 9:45
2) Treadmill intervals session - total 2 miles - total 23:40
The running intervals session on the treadmill at lunchtime was a mix of 90 second intervals at a 'fast' (for me) pace, 150 second intervals at a slower running pace, and a couple of walk breaks. My 'fast' pace today was 6mph, i.e. a 10 minute mile pace. My slower pace was 5mph, i.e. a 12 minute mile pace. I ensured that on my walk breaks I still kept up a good pace, too. I was pretty shattered by the end!! Good workout, I feel there's lots of room for improvement, but I also felt confident that I can do just that!
No comments:
Post a Comment