First thing this morning, back to the gym for a pre-work workout. I wasn't feeling in much of a running frame of mind, so I stuck to the weights, but rather than swinging low weights for a high number of reps, as I did on Sunday, I went for higher weights today. Feel quite good now, though that fleshy part of my palm just below my fingers is pretty sore... The gym's kettlebells are the cast iron type, rather than the plastic coated types you can get, and I have to say I prefer the handle this way, but it's still tough going on your hands after a while! :)
Today's workout; not as tough as other days, but heavier kettlebells than usual and I'm pleased with how it went.
1) 5 minutes cross-trainer warm-up
2) Chest press (machine) - 20kg, x 20, x 2 sets
3) Kettlebell swings - 16kgs x 20
4) Kettlebell swings - 20kgs x 15
5) Kettlebell swings - 24kgs x 10
6) Kettlebell swings - 24kgs x 10
7) Kettlebell swings - 20kgs x 15
8) Kettlebell swings - 16kgs x 20
9) Kettlebell single arm swings - 16kgs x 20, x 3 sets
10) Leg press (machine) - 70kg x 20
11) Leg press (machine) - single leg - 30kg x 10 each side, x 2 sets
12) Lat pulldown (machine) - 25kg x 15
13) Bicep curl and shoulder press, 2 x 5kg dumbbells, x 15
14) Repeat 12,13
Doing single-arm swings with a 16kg bell was tough, but I managed each set of 20 reps without pausing, which I'm really happy with (that's alternating arms, so equivalent to 10 each side). Swinging a 24kg bell felt good, too - my gym only goes up to the 24s, so I can't go higher, but if I can build up to doing sets of 20 reps with the 24 kettlebell, I'll be really pleased. Stick with it, Sarah... and gotta keep my posture good and core strong too, hahaha, else the Quasimodo reference in my post title will become unfortunately appropriate...!! ;)
Pow! Kettlebell queen! :)
ReplyDeleteHehehe, thanks love! I can't believe I was single-arm swinging a 16kg bell... Lovin' the progress. :)
Delete