Edinburgh parkrun again this morning - I wasn't giving anyone a lift this week, and wow it was difficult to motivate myself to get out of the car when I arrived at Cramond, thanks to the rain. It wasn't heavy, but it was pretty persistent drizzle. Unfun. However, my friend Davie has recently been telling me to "man the f*** up!" a lot, haha, and I thought about the hassle he would give me if he heard I'd not ran because of a bit of drizzle, so I zipped up my jacket and went for it.
This was my first 5km parkrun since telling myself it's perfectly okay to have walk breaks, so long as I keep my running pace a bit faster, and I'm not really sure what I expected to be hugely different this time, but not much was. It wasn't great fun, as ever.
I started same as usual, and ran the first mile or so, at almost exactly the same pace as I have over the last few months. I stopped for a short walk break, but reminded myself that this time I had to make sure that every time I started running again I needed to be faster. It was a wee bit better, after that, to think like that, and I was interested to see the old style of my parkrunning (where I run past a number of slower runners, they overtake me when I'm walking, I overtake them when I run, etc etc.) returning. My overall time was a little faster than the last few attempts, in 35:48, but it's still some way off my personal best, so there's scope for improvement.
Felt quite positive afterwards, even though it wasn't a fantastic time and I'd ran in the drizzle. I think I'm going to be able to get faster now. And, y'know, well done me for MTFU-ing, haha. x x
No comments:
Post a Comment