I've hardly moved today. Like... practically not at all. :D I didn't even feel guilty about it - well, okay, maybe a teeny tiny bit. I went to bed last night with a slight soreness in my leg muscles, so decided to give my usual Saturday morning attendance at parkrun a miss. So for the first time in... gosh, I can't even remember, I didn't set an alarm clock, and just decided to have the amount of sleep that my body wanted.
It wanted 3 more hours than usual!!!! *amazed* I woke up feeling really relaxed, and refreshed. The DOMS in my leg muscles was faint, just in the background, and I thought I would give myself an easy day around the flat. A bit of cleaning, a bit of admin, and then devote some hours to reading a book. I rarely give myself quality time to read, so it was really lovely to lie down with "Bounce", by Matthew Syed, and a big mug of tea.
The book is giving me things to think about, but in addition (cleverly, on my part - who knew?!) it turns out that reading a sports psychology book on a day of complete rest and relaxation really reiterated in me that I do actually like the fact that exercise is part of my life now. Reading the book, made sure I was still thinking about my motivations and inspiration in working out, and continuing my journey towards getting fit. It feels sort of alien to me that going back about 3 years or so, I spent MOST of my weekends lying around doing nothing... I don't want to be that person, and I really don't think I am, any more. It was definitely really nice to give myself a complete day of relaxation, but I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. Wooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment