Wednesday, 21 January 2015

65/100 - with actions comes results

So with my post yesterday morning, I made some immediate adjustments and this morning my scales show immediate results. Now, obviously, I'm NOT taking daily weigh-ins as all that meaningful - I step on the scales exactly once per day, but I'm only recording results once a week- the weekly weigh-in is a more meaningful comparison as the year goes on, daily fluctuations can be for a host of reasons. Regardless, I feel comfortable that I'm back on track straight away. Yesterday was a double-gym day, and I also managed to get my step count above target, and my kcals back down a bit. My oficial weekly weigh-in is tomorrow, so we'll see how things go! The last two Wednesdays have been a higher kcal count than any other day of the week, and also a low step count, so I'm determined to change that habit today. I walked to work this morning, and will walk home this evening, but I think I'll also go to the gym first for a short treadmill session. Foodwise, today's plan is pretty decent, and should keep me on track.

Yesterday's two gym visits were a great mix of upper and lower body work, plus some core work, and a little cardio. In the morning, I was a little worried by a sudden very sharp localised pain I got in part of my left shoulder, during a vertical rope pull exercise. Other types of shoulder exercises I did didn't seem to hurt, in the main, but it was a not-very-nice pain that was very different to the sort of soreness in muscles you get when working to fatigue, for example. It might have been a small tear, in which case I need to be careful, but I didn't feel the pain at all the rest of the day, including in my evening workout. Fingers crossed it was just a one-off. ...the rope pull machine is a horror anyway, lol.

In the evening, I had the work gym to myself so I somewhat amusingly decided to video me doing sit-ups. Oohhhhhh, I really shouldn't have done that!! Haha! Certainly not from the angle I picked, anyway. :-) Gave me a giggle, anyway. My workout wasn't one of my planned programmes, because I didn't want to risk aggravating my shoulder, but I still did a fair bit of decent core work, and some chest work with the dumbbells too. Ate well yesterday, with things like salmon, chicken, boiled baby new potatoes, and plenty of veg. With the salmon, for example, counting my calories at the end of the day is really helping me address portion sizing - same with the baby new potatoes. I weigh out a decent portion, and am generally quite stunned to realise how much it is compared to what I was eating most of last year; of course, I was hardly cooking proper meals at all, and so the opposite is true of my veg intake. Weigh out an 80g portion of kale, or carrots, or something like that, and realise I was eating well under that before. Silly. x

PS I realise the blog has been a bit lacking in photos for a while, so I'll do something about that the next few posts! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment