Tuesday, 13 January 2015

57/100 - on making decisions

A wise man told me to think about what I really want, this year, when I'm making decisions. And although this wasn't what we were talking about, I suddenly realised my decision about how I would be involved with the West Highland Race this year was easier than I'd been thinking. I would volunteer! Decision made, in an instant, and I fired off a message to Sean to sign up. That means this year, excitingly, I'll become part of the race crew, and given that I'll also be volunteering at the Fling and the Devil of the Highlands, I guess that makes me a Triple Crown marshal?! Lol. That's not a thing. That should be a thing!!!

Anyway, that wise and intelligent philosopher made me think more about how I make decisions this year. I really have to think about everything in terms of this year's main goal. My goal is not to get fitter, stronger, or faster - though they will happen as a side-effect of my goal: weightloss, and the confidence to make it permanent. No more yo-yoing, no more losing weight, gaining weight, hating myself, and starting on a new circle of weight loss, gain, loss, gain, and all of the emotional demons that come along with that. It's kind of liberating, knowing I'll make decisions based on what is right for me, this year - volunteering and helping others, while also making sure the decision suits my needs, is going to be incredible. I've volunteered for 6 of the SUMS races this year, plus I'll be support crewing at another. 7 amazing ultras, and hopefully 7 amazing weekends! But not at the risk of my own goals. Exciting times ahead!!!

It was a 2-workout day today, and I'm absolutely shattered. I stepped on the scales this morning and have lost 6lbs in the first 12 days of the year (delighted). I've eaten well today (eggs and wholewheat toast this morning, chicken, veg and couscous for lunch, and salmon and kale for dinner) and I've done, like, more than 200 squats, so I'm feeling pretty damn happy with myself tonight. It's been a good day. Hope you had one too. x

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous positive post :-)
    I think concentrating on your weight loss journey is a great idea. Ultimately the weight loss will bring you the confidence to do the other stuff. I think you will have wonderful time volunteering, they are very lucky to have you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best response to a post like this is to :-D

    6 pounds!! This brilliant. Keep this up and it won't be long before you have to start ditching stuff from your wardrobe, for GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!! :-D I know I won't be able to keep up a rate of 6lbs every 12 days, haha, but I'm thinking after January, if I can settle down to half a stone per month, I'll be more than happy. It's going to be a tough year, but the more positive days like this I have, the more chance of success.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous15/1/15 17:30

    Triple marshal crown should most definitely be a thing!

    Brilliant progress too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. I might just get myself a crown regardless. :-)

      Delete