One of the (several) problems with living on my own is that you often have to buy foodstuffs in twos, fours, half kilo bags, or so on. This can mean repetitive meals, or food going to waste - and while I don't really mind eating the same thing two days in a row, sometimes it's better to think of different recipes etc. using the same ingredients. Yesterday I bought salmon fillets, and a bag of baby new potatoes, along with various bits of veg etc. and so yesterday I grilled the salmon, boiled some potatoes, added brussel sprouts, and a drizzle of olive oil. Today I boiled new potatoes (less this time, as I'd cooked far too many yesterday) and chopped them into smaller pieces, sliced the salmon up into bitesize cubes, and added to a hot wok with frylight low-kcal cooking spray, and a load of sliced peppers. I added a good splash of soy sauce at the end. The salmon took no time at all to cook, as I'd chopped it quite small. So, two very easy, tasty meals, with almost the same ingredients, and pretty much no effort whatsoever. Not bad at all!!Today I volunteered at Falkirk parkrun, using my "outside voice" to keep people moving through the finish funnel, lol. It was great to catch up with some more friends, and a beautiful (albeit cold) day to be out. I didn't do any exercise myself today, I'll get a run done tomorrow, but I've decided to stick to shorter distances than 5km just now, and start building things up again. Hopefully I'll also get a swim, it'll depend on how busy the public baths are when I get there, but it's been quite a long time since I last swam, and I think it's something I want to do more regularly. Back to work on Monday, after two weeks off, and I really need to work very hard to make sure I don't allow poor habits and excuses to kick in; that means purposely getting away from my desk at lunchtime, and being as prepared as I can be with meals and snacks, so as not to give into the vending machine under the excuse of "being busy". Tomorrow, I'll get cracking with the prep-work.
No comments:
Post a Comment