Thursday, 8 January 2015

52/100

So this morning I weighed in to see how my first 7 days in 2015 have gone, and I'm down almost 3lbs! Happy with that, just got to stay focussed and keep things going along this track, preferably without veering off on any of the little winding scenic side-trails along the route!! I was reviewing my first week's food diary, and I think in the main I've made great decisions all week, and although it's not been easy to avoid the junk, I'm largely managing. (Had a small hot chocolate in the canteen yesterday, it's only right for my motivation to still have the occasional treat.)

Good gym workout this morning - finished my fitness test from Monday with a small range of "one rep max" tests on some of the weight machines - I've never tried 1RM on anything other than a couple of olympic bar lifts, so it was interesting to see how I got on. I nearly reached 90kgs on the leg press, which is pretty surprising, but the lat pulldown and chest press moves were a bit more expected - both somewhere around 35-40kgs I think (I didn't write it down, my trainer took the record). Happy with that!! It'll be interesting to see how I improve from here. After these three fitness test exercises, there was only time to do some tough abs work (at least I got a lie-down, hahaha) and then finished with a couple of minutes' cardio on the stepper machine (euuughhhh).

Trying to make sure my meals have colour in them, rather than the sea of beige that unhealthy eating encompasses!! I liked the picture of last night's dinner, even though there's still some beige in there (wholewheat pasta and chicken), it's still nice and bright - and the whole plateful was around 400 kcals in total. Win! Bought strawberries at lunchtime today, while out having a quick sunny walk in between rain showers, and more green veg last night - keep things colourful, keep things varied. That's the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment