Sunday, 11 January 2015

55/100

One of my problems throughout 2014, when I was mentally a lot lower than I've been for a long time, was I spent a lot of the year feeling a bit isolated and alone, and not dealing well with weekends where I wasn't seeing people. To fix that this year, I need to do two things - one, be better at reaching out to people when I feel that way, rather that sitting at home wishing people would get in touch, and two, be more comfortable with myself and my own company again. Today, I guess I can say I worked on the latter. The weather was just foul again today, which can mean being stuck indoors, and that's when I'm at my worst, but today I went out to the local swimming pool instead. I swam about 15-20 laps (this may sound very vague, but the pool is 25 yards rather than the usual 25 metres, so I'm not sure I can call a length of the pool a proper lap, haha) then I decided to go see what their steam room was like. I've not been in a steam room since I left my swanky gym membership over a year ago, and wow, I've missed it!!!! I found the steam room empty, so I lay down on a bench, and for maybe 9 or 10 minutes just very slowly breathed in and out, in the heat. Sooooo relaxing!!! I got up to leave when someone else came in, which reminded me I'd been there a bit long, and as I stepped outside, I realised I ought to have sat up and stayed in the room a bit longer, before standing to exit - going from lying in a hot steam room, straight to standing outside in the cooler poolside air made my head to a bit funny! Managing not to faint, or anything, was a relief, hahah, and all in all the morning was ultra-relaxing.

I went to the supermarket on the way home, and although I was hungry by now, I was also feeling super-motivated, so I bought LOADS of healthy foods, lol. So after a huge salad for lunch I settled down on the couch to decide how best to use my afternoon and evening without getting a bit down.

I decided to work on my paper training and food journals, adding stickers and magazine cuttings on some of the in-between pages, to motivate myself, and additionally it really nicely reiterates what a great start to the year I've made. Here's an example page I put together, below, but there are other pages where I just write to myself how I should take pride in my focus and motivation, and suchlike. I've split the numerical aspect of my weightloss down into loads and loads of mini-targets, so I should hit an "award" every couple of weeks as I lose lbs, kgs, and percentages... It sounds overkill, but this focus should really help me. I know it kept me occupied today, when I would normally start moping about a bit - and now I'm going to prepare tomorrow's lunch, before I go to bed! Gotta keep moving...


No comments:

Post a Comment