Friday, 16 January 2015

60/100

Today was a decent day - the sun shone, so I got out for a nice walk at lunchtime, with blue skies, cold air, and a podcast playing in my headphones. Lovely! After work, I caught up with a friend for a coffee, and we talked lots about fitness etc. which is always motivating. I think becoming slightly obsessed with my weightloss journey is good for me at this stage - if I'm not reading about fitness stuff in books, magazines or websites, I'm listening TK podcasts, discussing it with friends, writing up training journals, thinking about future workouts, DOING workouts, washing kit ready for workouts, and so on! And the rest of the time, I'm thinking about it. I know obsession is a word that's kind of negative, but in my case, it's working well for me, keeping me focussed, excited, and interested. There's always more to learn, always more to do, and always more to keep me fascinated.

Dinner tonight was a smoked haddock fishcake, with potatoes, carrot and broccoli, and it was delicious, but it's one of only a few meals I've had recently that I've really enjoyed. I'm really liking cooking at the moment, after so long of not doing anything short of making a sandwich, ordering takeout, or opening a tin - but it ca be time consuming at times, and omg the amount of dishes piling up in the sink is crazy!!! I've actually taken to balancing on my Bosu as I wash the dishes, I like to think it's helping to strengthen my core, haha. Tomorrow, in theory, I'm running 5km then having a swim, across in Glasgow - but the weathers a bit rubbish tonight, so the motorway journey could be a bit of a nightmare!! Hopefully not, because I'm excited to catch up with Paula while she's up here for the weekend. :-) Anyway, short one from me today - I'll leave you with a picture of some of my recents dinners! Isn't it colourful?! x x


3 comments:

  1. The pictures look great, very colourful indeed. I love it when food is vibrant and playful, not only taste buds need to stimulated when we eat ;-)

    I caught watched episode of Horizon on iplayer yesterday, it's a three part series on "What's the Right Diet For You?". A few of the suggestions are quite intriguing:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ddsd9

    I'm curious if you've seen and what you think of it.

    Hope the 5km went well.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ddsd9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've norm arched the Horizon programmes yet, but I will this weekend, as I've heard a few people talk about them.

      i didn't go through to run ge 5km,because the sudden change in weather yesterday meant the motorway was a bit too hazardous. New blog post will explain what I did instead! :-)

      Delete
    2. Sorry about terrible typos, my iPad keyboard can't keep up with my fingers. Anyway, I meant I've not watched them yet... But now I have! Updating the blog with my thoughts tonight.

      Delete