I think I'd previously planned to be heading back to Edinburgh this weekend, but an old Carlisle friend got in touch and we've agreed to meet for a drink in town on Sunday - so that means I'll be driving home on Monday. As daft as it sounds (and it does) I think this week in Cumbria is feeling like a total "holiday", and with no gym work all week, running (yet), or even very much walking (yet), I'm working on plans for 'getting back to real life', and this weekend I'll get a little bit of activity here too.
Isn't buffet food mostly beige? Sausage rolls, crisps of varying types and shapes, cheese pastry sticks, pork pie, filo-wrapped prawns, salted peanuts, vol-au-vents (sp?), crackers and crispbreads, etc... I don't think I can eat as much of it as I used to, though I wouldn't like to find out. Once again, I'm thrilled I managed to eat today until I was starting to feel full and then stop. There was still yummy food laid out in front of me, but I'd eaten plenty. Admittedly that 'plenty' is still probably too much, lol, but it's good news regardless, and something for me to focus on, rather than what I'm not managing to achieve. I'm having a nice little break, loads of great rest and good quality sleep, ready to head back home and get cracking with my new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment