This morning I was cooking bolognese at 6am, for tonight's dinner. I knew I'd be late in, tired and grumpy, so I thought I should have something sitting there in the fridge waiting to be heated up. It was a great plan - admittedly, cooking with onions and garlic at 6 o'clock in the morning wasn't exactly ideal (Bleeugghh), but it worked, and even though I just ate it on its own, with no pasta, rice or potatoes for example, I'd added some extra veg when I cooked it this morning (along with the onions, garlic and tomato, I added carrots and some red pepper, to the lean mince), so it was filling and nutritious and I didnt "miss" having anything else on the plate. In fact, I didn't even use a plate - some day, comfort food is best from a bowl, eaten with a spoon... Yum!
It's all about preparation, isn't it? I have to be better than I am, things like today have to become second nature. It doesn't help that most mornings I'm out early to the gym, but it's no excuse. And on that subject, today was an exercise rest day - mainly because my liftig friend cancelled our session again, but also because I've been in the gym every day for the last 5 days, so I need to give my body a wee break, lol. Very early night tonight, I'm mentally exhausted from today's busy work day, and I have another one ahead tomorrow. I'm taking the next two weeks off work for the festive break, so Friday can't come soon enough!!! x x
No comments:
Post a Comment