Saturday, 27 December 2014

40/100 - a chilly winter's morning

I went out for a run this morning, hurrah! - not parkrun (I woke up too late, and I think my heart wasn't really in it anyway) but I went up to a local lake near my parents, and ran a couple of loops of the lake on a muddy, puddly, tree-root covered, gravelly-ish path. I'm calling it trail because my legs ended up splashed in mud all over, lol, but it was almost completely flat, and perfect sort of loop for me to do some run-walk intervals on. It was 0°, so pretty cold, but the sun was out and the air pretty still, so it was kind of perfect. I stuck rigidly to 2 minute intervals, running and walking, until I fell foul of the path being blocked by a group of about 6 dogs with two owners stopped for a chat, and extended one of my walk intervals by another 2 mins until I was safely past. The trail was very busy with dog-walkers, actually - which could explain why I didn't see any other runners the whole time I was there, perhaps the locals stay away because of that. However, I'm happy I got out and did it, it wasn't anything special, but I stuck to the planned intervals, and ran two loops (1.3 miles each) in 38 minutes. Slow, steady, but I got out there. Can't complain about that!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment