Thursday, 25 December 2014

38/100 - Christmas Day

Staying with my family for Christmas, as usual, this year - so we have a lot of long-standing festive traditions and suchlike, the day runs comfortably much the same every year: get up when we wake up, normally around 7:30 to 8am. We four of us all wait to go into the lounge together, where we open our presents to each other, amid much oohing and ahhing. :-) This year, I got some fabulous presents, including a JetBoil which will help me stay well caffeinated in all my adventures in the coming year!!! very happy. After we've swapped all our gifts, opened them all together, and sat amid a huge pile of discarded wrapping paper, Dad normally sets off filling a bag with the paper for recycling, and Mum makes some sausage or bacon sarnies for breakfast. Then after that, we disappear to get washed and dressed and all that malarkey, and then it's time for a quick feet-up with a cuppa. The day then passes by in a blur of food, disappointing TV, more food, some board games, more food, a film on DVD, more food, a card game, and finishing with a bit more TV while we moan about how rubbish the TV is yet again. This year, I came last in both the board game AND the card game; I'm properly unimpressed.

I think, to be honest, I ate less this year than usual. We ended up spreading our meal out over about 5 hours, having a starter with some fizz at around 11-ish, then main lunch at 1:30pm, then dessert at around 4pm!! It was perfect, and meant that by teatime none of us were hungry really, and just nibbled on a couple of crackers with paté, with another cuppa. :-) Cocktails in the evening, and I've come up to bed now tired but happy, and not feeling that horrible full-to-burst feeling that Christmas can sometimes create. We got it spot on this year, I reckon. Activity-wise, not so much! We stayed in, and just pottered around the house: it was relaxing, but I'll need to be burning kcals again soon.

Here's wishing a very merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and much love to you all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment