Monday, 8 December 2014

22/100

Nothing really to say, I know I should have some pre-written posts drafted for a situation like this (like I knnooowwww I still never wrote up my blog posts from John Lucas and the Devil ultramarathons in the summer, for example!) but I'm not that organised. Speaking of 'organised', my plan had been to go to the gym before work this morning, but during my sleep last night I had one of the worst, most horrific nightmares I've had in a very long time, and to say it knocked me is a bit of an understatement. I couldn't (didn't dare) get back to sleep for ages, so when the alarm clock went off I woke up on edge and exhausted - not a great start to the day. All day I've been a bit unnerved by it, but thinking about it properly, I think there are positives to take from it, so I think I can put it behind me with no difficulty.

Last night was entry opening for next year's Glenmore 24, and James and Gerry have asked me to crew them again this year (yaaaaayyyy!) - and then this morning, the list of successful ballot entries to the West Highland Way Race was announced, with loads of my friends on the list (and sadly some on the unsuccessful list too) - a really exciting morning!! I got asked to be on a crew almost immediately, which is awesome, but some things needs to be checked out first, so my yes is on hold. I know there'll be people I can help come race day, whatever happens, and even got a second request tonight, which I've had to put on hold pending how the first one goes. It's early days, I love the race and I'll definitely be there, in whatever capacity - if crewing doesn't work out, I'll offer to marshal, we'll see how things go. There's no way I'll miss seeing so many friends and inspirational people in my life collecting their goblets in Fort William. :-)

It's funny, seeing people's 2015 plans start to take shape around me. My own plans are going to be purposely vaguer, even though I appear to have accidentally signed up for three half marathons (with a lot of training to do!) - I have a lot I want to achieve in the gym, in my mental health, and in my physical fitness, so along with the running, I'll work on some goals, small ones, maybe loads of small ones, and stick with the HMs and parkruns for my run targets. Stuff to think about. Blah blah blah. I'm tired tonight..... x x

No comments:

Post a Comment