I don't think tonight's post will be any better than yesterday's, but I promise to get this blog back on track tomorrow.
No exercise today - my pedometer reads 3142 steps (there maybe ought to be a pie joke there, if you're mathematically minded, or not, I guess....) - but I did a bit of forward planning, and re-motivating, and just generally taking positive steps in the right direction for this time of year. I'll write a bit more later towards the end of the year about my plans for the coming year - but the bare bones are that I plan to take everything I've learned in my weightloss journey so far (over the last 5 years), and use it. I've learned a whole bunch of valuable lessons, which I'll explain another time, and feel it's time to bring everything together to be as successful as I know I can be.
This afternoon I got another ocular migraine - third one in less than 2 weeks. That's a wee bit worrying, given I really only just started getting them. Tomorrow I think I'll give the optician a ring, just to get it checked out. It's been 2 years since my last eye test, so I guess it's time to go back! Thankfully today I was all fine by the time I headed to meet Tor for a cuppa after work - a fab catch-up, as ever! ....anyway, I suspect I'm rambling a bit; I'm finding it tough to keep my eyes open. Bed. x
You need to find out how many calories you use when you walk a 3142 steps and then find a mince pie with the same number of calories. It's the perfect Christmas Challenge!
ReplyDeleteA quick search of the web comes up with 177 Calories for a Sainsbury Mine Pie. That gives you just under 18 steps to burn 1 Calorie.
Another quick search for how many calories per step, and I came up with the quote from a LiveStrong page: "You’ll burn one calorie for every 20 steps you burn, indicates the website of Shape Up America!"
That's pretty darn close :-)