Thursday, 29 November 2012

69/100 - one foot in front of the other

No gym today, as I was feeling sluggish, bloaty and all-round 'ormonal when I woke up this morning. Just generally bleeeuuughhh. However, it was a lovely bright (cold) morning, so I decided to leave the car at home and walk to work for the first time in, probably, several months.

When I started keeping my paper training diary, I decided I would only record walks as a workout if it was more than 5 miles. So, in theory, today's brisk walk to work, and brisker walk home, via longer routes than usual, "doesn't count"..... ummmm, grrrrr. I walked 2.87 miles to work, and 1.57 miles home, for a total of 4.44 miles in 75:31, which is an average speed of 17 minutes per mile. I'm pleased with that, it's a really decent speed for me.

My intention is to walk every day in December, for a minimum of 30 consecutive minutes. My second intention is to walk purposefully - no ambling. But first, I need to finish November in the gym, lol. Off work tomorrow, for St Andrews Day, so I'll get a good workout in at some point. x x

2 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS of your public holiday! Walking goal sounds like a goodun!

    ReplyDelete