Tuesday, 27 November 2012

67/100 - step by step

Nice gym session before work this morning - all weights and resistance work, etc, but I was glowing red, and sweaty, by the end all the same. Definitely got my heart rate up!! I was surprised to see it wasn't a 400-rep session, it felt like it ought to have been. After a rest day yesterday, today's workout was very welcome:

1) 5 mins cross-trainer warm-up

2) Leg extension (machine) - 30kg, x 15, x 2 sets

3) Kettlebell single-hand swings - 12kg, x 20 (alternating hands)
4) Step-ups (high step, 9 raisers = total height 22 inches) - x 10 each side (i.e. leading with left or right leg)
5) Kettlebell single hand clean & press - 8kg, x 10 each side
6) Step-ups (9 raisers) - x 10 each side
7) Straight leg deadlift - 15kg barbell - x 10
8) Clean and press - 15kg barbell - x 10
9) Step-ups (6 raisers = total height 16 inches) - 15kg barbell on back shoulders - x 10 each side
10) Kettlebell single-hand swings - 12kg, x 20
11) Step-ups (6 raisers) - 15kg barbell on back shoulders - x 10 each side
12) Kettlebell single hand swings - 12kg, x 20
13) Step-ups (9 raisers) - x 10 each side

14) Russian twists with 8kg kettlebell - x 20
15) Crunches, x 20
16) Repeat 14,15
17) Sit-ups with a side twist, x 20 (alternating sides)



I haven't done sit ups with an oblique twist for quite a while, I think I'l incorporate it more often into my core work. It basically meant I put a kettlebell right in the corner on the front of the step (9 raiser), then lay down with a slight kneebend with my feet just under the bench but not held down, then performed a sit up but each time I either reached out with both hands to touch the kettlebell on the front-left of me, or the front-right of me, alternating with each rep. The kettlebells were high enough that it was a bit of a stretch, so it felt like I was really pushing myself... and by the 17th and 18th rep, it was hard to keep form and not to wallop my head off the floor on the way back down, lol!!

Busy day tomorrow, but I'm determined to get some sort of exercise in first thing, so that means I need to have everything laid out and ready befor I go to bed. :) ....you know, I wish I was as organised with my food intake. *rolls eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment