Parkrun this morning - a gorgeous bright day, but pretty cold in the wait-around-before bit!! I'd arrived a little early, so had a chat to some of the regulars - I'd seen one of the guys last weekend at the Glasgow 16 mile race, so we got to have a chat about it. He talked about the course being a total nightmare in places, but without hesitation told me he wants to do it again next year, lmao. I love that about runners....
Anyway, my own run - fairly true to course, no surprises. This 'flattering' (ahem) photo shows me almost smiling, and almost doing a thumbs-up, haha, but given it's taken at about 4.5km, I'm just desperate for it to be over, lol. I ran the first 2 miles, then ran/walked the rest of the way, like last week, only THIS week the running bits in the last mile were much faster, and despite maybe 4 or 5 walk breaks, I still averaged about the same mile splits as the full running ones! So, see, my body CAN move faster when it wants to - I just need to make it want to do so more often......
My time today for the 5km run was 35:32 - Im happy with that, given how the last few months parkruns have gone! Looking at my figures, out of all 25 Edinburgh parkruns I've done in 2012, this was my 6th fastest time. Hopefully next week will be even faster, and then I can start to hunt down a PB.... But I have to try and get some running done in the meantime; I'm really not doing enough of that at the moment.
The blogging challenge is going well, I think. I mean, there are days when I struggle to write something of note, obviously, but the thought of having to update you guys on what I've been doing has certainly helped spur me on, on a couple of occasions. Accountability, it's the name of the game. x

Love that almost smile ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's mostly hysteria. There's a marshal at that point, and every single week I ask whoever's marshaling if they'd go run the last bit for me. I am, you see, HILARIOUS. :)
ReplyDelete