Rest day, exercise-wise, though busy day at work. Afterwards, straight from work to slimming class, and a weigh-in after missing two weeks in a row: last week I was at the work conference thing, the week before I was on the motorway returning from climbing Ben Lomond. (Hey, have I mentioned recently that I climbed a munro? No? I totally did.....)
Anyway, tonight's weigh-in was disappointing, but not surprising. In three weeks, I've lost half a lb (yes, really! isn't that ridiculous?!), taking me to 181.5 lbs. Wholly uninspiring.
However, it's not all doom and gloom. Yesterday after my post-swimming class shower at home, I contemplated my body in front of the mirror, and noticed a few places where there's real evidence of toning up, etc. I could see there's definitely definition, despite knowing that my weight during 2012 has fluctuated around a bit, but I'm now back to what I was at the beginning of the year. So, I grabbed my tape measure, and dug out my measurements from the beginning of the year. If I'm not losing weight, I'm obviously losing inches, right? ....well, no. Every single measurement was the same. (Well, sort of - thighs a tiny bit bigger.) I was a tiny bit upset.
Then it struck me.
I had stared at my body in the mirror, and been pleased with the evident progress. And yet, the stats show there is NO progress. And so where IS the progress....? Well, it's there. Inside my head. And seriously, THAT has got to be the very best place for me to make improvements. *wide grin* .....the inches on the tape measure, and lbs on the scales, will follow in their own time.
Absolutely, Sarah. Well done!! That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteThanks love. x x
ReplyDelete