I stayed with my parents last night, as we're all going out to Newcastle for the day, to see a comedy show tonight. I didn't bring any workout clothing, because I didn't think I'd be able to fit a run in, but it turns out my planning could have been a lot better - I could definitely have managed one this morning. I'll remember this, in future! :)
On the other hand, loads of really great quality sleep last night - I really do forget how fabulous it is to sleep in a room where NO street lights, car lights, or a whisper of traffic noise, gets into the bedroom. Huge difference to my room at home. Sleep is vastly important, apparantly especially so when you're trying to lose weight, (well, I've read lots of articles that say so, but not read the research that backs up the claims) and I do try to make sure I get enough, despite my usual early o'clock get ups!
So, I think today counts as a rest day, though we're going to spend the afternoon walking round the shops in the Metro Centre, so maybe I should just try to walk the shops at 'walking pace' rather than 'shop browsing pace', haha. Sadly, my Garmin won't get a satellite reception in there, it would be fascinating to know how far we walk. Hmmm, should've dug out an old pedometer before I left..... I'm gonna be like one of those American old lady 'mall walkers', lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment