Saturday, 24 November 2012

64/100 - blaaaahhhhh...

Went to do parkrun today, but when I got there I slipped on the icy paths a couple of times from the car-park over to the start line, and decided I wasn't really prepared to run 5km when it was so worrying underfoot. I volunteered my services to the core organising team instead, and helped hand out leaflets for a run in December... I felt a wee bit bad watching the 230-ish folk get running, but speaking to them afterwards they all commented on how there were a few slippy patches, and someone had apparently fallen I think, so I think for my own sake I made the right decision.

I got a wee bit upset after a negative comment about me, by one of the core team. I laughed it off at the time, but it's not very nice, and I went home feeling a bit sorry for myself. Because I'd missed the 5km, I told myself I'd go to the gym for a 5km treadmill session.... It took me about 6 hours to build myself up to going, but I eventually did this evening, and let's just say I didn't manage 5km, things went pretty badly, and I'm not going to write any more about it here. I guess, taking the positive, I got about 35 minutes of cardio work done, even if it wasn't as good as it could have, should have, been. I really need to pull myself out of the mental slump I've been in for a week or so; I'm wondering if just taking 4 or 5 days 'off' exercise completely might be a good plan. I'll think about that tomorrow. x

No comments:

Post a Comment