Wednesday, 7 November 2012

47/100 - a double workout day

Gym before work this morning, and back to getting proper workouts done, which is a relief, after a week or two of faffing about a bit! Today's workout: (thankfully back to early morning!)

1) 5 minute cross-trainer warm-up

2) Assisted chin-up (machine) - 55kg assist (26½kg resistance) - x 15
3) Side steps (off a knee high step) - x 15 each side
4) Repeat 2 and 3

5) Treadmill - 1km run - 7:00

6) Seated pulley - single arm rows - 10kg, x 10 each side
7) Lateral raises with 2 x 4kg dumbbells - x 10
8) Repeat 6 and 7 twice (3 sets in total)

9) Front squats with 8kg kettlebell, x 20
10) Single arm swings with 12kg kettlebell, x 20 (alternating sides)
11) Vertical side crunches with 8kg kettlebell, x 10 each side
12) Repeat 9, 10, 11

13) Leg extension (machine) - 30kg, x 20, x 2 sets

14) Sit-ups (feet supported), x 20
15) Tricep dips (off the low powerplate step), x 10
16) Repeat 14 and 15


Nice 400-rep session, first one in a while - though of course I need to be thinking about cardio work a wee bit more. Will do!!

After work this evening, I had my fourth swimming lesson. (Last lesson here.) Tonight only 3 of us turned up (I suspect because the weather was horrendous, and the dark evenings coming in, discourages people to evening classes?) - which worked brilliantly for us, because he could give us a lot more individual tuition. We did a LOT of work on learning front crawl - I am getting much better with my arms, and keeping a straight line, but breathing at the same time is still beyond me, lol. You'd think breathing is something I'm well-practiced at, but it turns out that doing it while swimming is a whole other kettle of fish. But I have to remind myself, this is only the second ever time I've done front crawl, last week's class being the first. I will get the knack of it, I will.

Did a bit more work on breast stroke too, but he says mine is very good. *preens* hahaha. We didn't work on back stroke at all this week, which is obviously the one I need to crack (mentally) - but this can wait. This week was really all about learning to breathe. He gave us some exercises to specifically help with it, which I will definitely try out when I can get to the pool myself some time. Progress, progress, progress....!

No comments:

Post a Comment