Saturday, 3 November 2012

43/100 - A cold, bright parkrun

Parkrun this morning, on a very cold morning! There was ice and frost up at the coast, where we run, and despite a dry day, and sunny skies, it was apparent I'd be running with a jacket on today! I really need to get a long-sleeved base layer, but it's all money, ain't it?! *shrugs*

Anyway, just me today - I wasn't giving Ianthe a lift, or seeing other friends when I got there. I went over to the volunteers area for a chat with some of the guys, before having a short warm-up, and a chat in the pre-race crowd with one or two of the other runners - I love that I know loads of the regulars now, and some of them come over to me for a chat. Equally, of course, because I'm generally grumpily shuffling along at the back of the crowd, invariably someone will brightly ask me "First time?" - ahahaha. Today was my 26th run, I think - well on my way to earning the t-shirt you get when you hit 50 runs, lol!

I did the 5km run today in 36:18 - about the same as ever, rather irritatingly predictable. I ran the first 2.15 miles, then ran/walked the last mile or so. Got a nice steady pace going for the first two miles, with splits of 11:17 and 11:13, then managed a faster running pace in the run/walk section. So, not an eventful run itself, per se, but I didn't get grumpy or miserable at all, so that's gotta be progress!!! :D

3 comments:

  1. Hell yeah that is progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 races is pretty awesome in my book. Consistency has paid off and your commitment to your health is, as always, inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete