Friday, 27 February 2015

98/100

I had my swimming kitbag with me all day at work yesterday, thinking I would head to one of the local pools early evening, have a quick swim, then home for dinner. Aye, right. I'm terrible with motivation in the evenings, and instead I walked home, cooked a nice dinner and had an early night. This morning, on the other hand, I was in the local swimming pool for 7am. :-) I don't think I've done this before, a swim before work, and it was fascinating to see the cliquey culture in the pool, with all the 'regulars' chatting away as they swam. The lanes were taken up with club sessions, so us normal-folk were in an open part, and the group of local old dears were standing a few feet away from the wall at the shallow end, chatting away. As a result I was just turning before I reached them, swimming three-quarter lengths of the pool, and gave up on the idea of counting laps!! I swam for 40 minutes, which I reckon is probably equivalent of about 35 full lengths of a normal pool - way more than I've been swimming lately, and I'm really pleased. Walked to work after that, stopping off at the supermarket to buy some cooked chicken, and a banana, for breakfast. Yeah... I don't know either... it just seemed better than a danish pastry, haha. I'll get a jacket potato and beans from the canteen for lunch today; I decided that yesterday and it was quite refreshing to not have to think about making lunch this morning while I blearily make my way around the kitchen at dark o'clock. Of course, I'll have to guess at the calories in it, through not having kitchen scales to hand, but it'll be an educated guess. :-)

Looking at the weather forecasts for the weekend, I think my long run will be Saturday again, and no parkrun this week. It looks like it's going to be a bit windy, which could be bitter, but I'll wrap up and it'll hopefully be okay. It'll be good for training my mental state when running, at any rate... (Positive mental attitude, hahahaha.) Might make a tweak to my planned route, so I don't have to run along the coastline where the wind could be worse. Ha, look at me, pretending I ever following 'planned routes' when I run. ;-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment