I ended up having a second 'rest day' yesterday - I just didn't feel like doing any running, gym work, or swimming, and I went home to... eat. Yesterday I kind of felt a bit insatiable, foodwise, all day. Nothing was enough, but trying to keep healthy and my intake under control was mentally pretty challenging. I ended the day just a couple of hundred calories above my recent daily average, so no damage done; I think it was hormonal, as I was very conscious it wasn't a physical hunger I was feeling, I just wanted to keep eating. It might be a 'hangover' from Saturday's long run, but I don't know. This weightloss malarkey is really bloody difficult, you know?!!
Anyway, last night Paula phoned me for a chat, which was extremely welcome! After that, I just tried to keep myself distracted before bed, and tried to do some meditation/visualisation exercises before sleep, to try and deal with the way I was feeling. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, but no time to dwell really as I had a personal training session booked for early before work! :-) Tuesdays are good for motivation, with a workout before and after work; I have no choice but to just get on with it. This morning I started with some bench presses, and moved onto TRX incline press-ups, seated cable row, pectoral fly, dumbbell rows in a press-up position, and then a wee circuit of padwork with the boxing gloves, interspersed with some crunches, plank, step-ups, and press-ups. Still using my knees with proper horizontal press-ups, but there's still rather a lot of me to press!! ;-) Anyway, nice session - padwork always leaves me dripping with sweat (lovely) and especially today when Ben casually commented "Let's add a bit of movement in..." - eh??! Can't I just stand here hitting you? (Apparently not.)
Anyway, it's lunchtime now, and I'm eating soup and not feeling anywhere near as inexplicably hungry as I did yesterday. I also made sure to have eggs with my post-gym breakfast this morning; and a small skimmed milk latte when I got to the office. Choosing things that make me feel a bit fuller helps - blueberries are all very well and good, and packed with useful antioxidant thingies, but I don't think they have a lot of fibre, certainly not all that filling as a work snack. (Today I'm saving them for the afternoon, when I sometimes feel like 'something sweet' rather than something to feed a hunger, and used to head to the vending machine...)
I'm sure motivational Tuesday will work it's magic and the week will get better and better :-)
ReplyDeleteAfter six or seven weeks on your plan with mindful eating you are starting to really "feel" the different types of hunger. Sometimes you have to feed them and sometimes you can fool them with blueberries! You are so right that weight loss is a difficult malarky but you doing a great job xx
Thank you!! x x
Delete