
This morning I woke early, with lots of stuff on my mind, so I decided just to get up. I had a light breakfast, then dressed in my gym gear. Benefits of being a member of a 24 hour gym include not having to wait for later Sunday opening hours, so I was on the treadmill warming up by around 7:30am, I think. After a warm-up, I headed through to the weights room, where I did some squats with the Olympic bar (full sets on weights rising to 50kgs), some 40kg deadlifts (ha, just realised it was 40 now, as I write that up; at the time for some reason I thought two 10kg plates on either end of a 20kg bar was 30kg!!), and a short set of 20kg clean and press. I also did some sets of chest press with dumbbells, and some shoulder shrugs with a 40kg bar. Finished my workout with some rowing, then headed home.

After lunch and a bit of housework, I ended up having a bit of a nap on the couch, so decided to take advantage of the fact it was a bright sunny autumnal day, and go for a walk. My route was a familiar loop I use when I'm running, and in fact most of the time I was berating myself for having not been along there for quite some time!! It was nice to be walking it, though - I got to enjoy the sunshine, stop and take a few photos on the route, and stop by a waterfall on the Water of Leith to watch the local heron for a while. Good for the soul, I reckon. Just as I was almost home, a small group of runners passed me, and one girl shouted "Hi Sarah!" - I spotted the WHW Race buff over her hair, and replied with a quick cheery "Hi!" before she was gone, but I'm not
entirely sure who it was, haha...!!

Nice to have been recognised, but I really ought to pay a bit more attention in future, lol. Regardless, it added a little spring in my step, and I actually ran up the steep flight of steps from the cycle path up to the bridge. Ran!! I can't wait for light mornings again, so I can start using this loop for a run before work again (I just don't feel safe running near my flat in the dark, on the streets or cycle paths - there have been too many attacks and incidents over the last couple of years) - but in the meantime I need to think of a way of getting outdoors more often. And, following on from yesterday's post, I'm going to start speed work on the treadmill in the gym again, which is a little bit scary, but I remember how great it felt to see improvements bit by bit, and I want that again. I've even dug out a lovely notebook I'd bought from Paperchase ages ago, as my new training diary. Tonight, after dinner, I'll cut some motivational pictures and words out of magazines, and get back into the fitness tracking with immediate effect. x
No comments:
Post a Comment