Wednesday, 19 November 2014

3/100 - out of the office

I think when it comes to installing routines and structures, days when I'm working from the office, and weekends where my day is my own, are the easier to work with. Days like today, however, are a different challenge; working out of the office, in a client's building, trying to work through a full day of auditing. Normally an early start and travel means no pre-work gym session, and the workload means little or no lunch break, so no time to grab a bit of exercise during the day. By the time I get home in the evening, I'm tired out and post-work gym seems unlikely. So, I try to work around this, when I know I have visits coming up I plan rest days accordingly.

I can't use busy work days as an excuse to abandon my weightloss journey, though I've done this a lot in the past! I was thinking about it on the drive home today - I ate poorly, grabbing a hasty sandwich to eat while I worked, and not properly hydrating during the day (I only got offered a drink twice, pfffft) - I should have been a bit better prepared. I always keep a few almonds and Brazil nuts in my bag to snack on, but this office has big signs up everywhere, as apparently there is someone who works there with such a deadly nut allergy that someone eating a nut and walking past this person could set off an allergic reaction! So, nuts were out of the equation. I need to be better at planning for days like today, but I think I can be: I really do have to stop using busy times at work as an excuse. I'm a grown-up, after all!! Lol. Sometimes.

Anyway, this was a hasty post to get this stuff out of my head and onto the iPad. I think this is what this challenge will help with: I too often keep stuff inside that turn to angry recriminations and self-doubt, another stick to beat myself with, and just putting it into words makes it all seem a lot easier to deal with. No exercise today, and very little step count on the pedometer, but every day is a chance to learn, and move forward. Gym in the morning! Plus, I'll be back at the office, and will find out if anyone who works in my building has taken up my offer of being a new "gym buddy". I figure, having someone to meet at the gym a couple of times a week will help with motivation and accountability, and might help me meet new people and start being a little more sociable... That's if anyone read my advert and is curious!! Stranger things have happened. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment