Wednesday, 26 November 2014

10/100 - walking in heels

In theory today is a rest day; I had a full day work appointment, needing to be in town early, is full smart business wear, for a long day of reviewing paperwork and interviewing clients, so it's easier to not try and fit in a gym appointment. Plus I figured after a double session yesterday, I need a day to let my body rest and recover. :-) However, I'm determined to try and be a bit more consistently active, just generally active I mean, so after my work day finished I decided to walk the 3 miles home.

I was wearing heeled smart shoes, and while I never wear high stiletto-type shoes, even these couple of inches are tough for me after a while; I'm not one of those women who can comfortably spend a whole day in heels!! About halfway home I felt the balls of my feet start to burn a little, and instead of jumping on a bus my pace slowed and I just sort of ambled along, looking in shop windows, thinking about anything random that popped into my head, figuring out a little shortcut home, and so on. Reaching home I gratefully threw the shoes off and sunk into my couch. I'm pleased I kept walking when it got a little incomfortable, because it's pretty much a metaphor for the journey I'm on with my weightloss - things will be uncomfortable for me. Not necessarily flat-out painful, just difficult. I need to believe that I can just keep going, even if it means changing my route or my speed of progress.

I'm really tired tonight; the day was long and I didn't get a cup of tea all day, managing with just a couple of cups of water. Headaches kicked in later in the afternoon, which was probably a mix of mild dehydration, mild caffeine withdrawal, and a little eye strain from reasing loads of complex documents looking for needles in haystacks (all of which I found). I bought a bottle of water as I left the office, and had tea as soon as I got home, and the headache has slowly subsided, but what's left is a certain lethargy. It's 7pm now, and tempting to just go to bed now!! Gym in the morning, and a client-free day in the office means I can wear my trainers to work. That's enough to put a smile on this tired girl's face. x

P.S. I know I've not replied to a few comments on previous posts this week, and Ill get to that tomorrow! I do appreciate your comments! x x

No comments:

Post a Comment