Thursday, 2 July 2015

Runningy update

I'm still off work, and my blog had taken a bit of a back seat too, but I will get back on track soon (and yes, I still have to finish my WHW Race blog post!) - I just thought since it's Thursday, I'd do a brief update. :-)

Very small weight gain this week, 0.6lbs, but as I've been off work I've been treating myself to coffee and cake, or icecreams in the heat, and generally speaking haven't been doing all that well with staying 100% focussed. So actually, I'm happy with the result this week - I know this is a small temporary holiday-based blip, and I have no concerns. So, onwards!!

Running-wise, things are going pretty well. I've done loads of runs in the last couple of weeks, including sessions in pretty hot/muggy temperatures (though I've been grumpy about that!!) and some of my runs have surprised me again!! I'm working well on looking for positives in the runs I find disappointing or tough, and celebrating victories in runs that went well. Last week, over 5 runs I managed my highest ever weekly total mileage, at 22.3m. That's fantastic!!! And there were no walk breaks whatsoever. Yay!!!

I'm currently doing around 6-7 miles as my weekly long run - the half marathon isn't until October, and I'm building my base and working on speed and consistency etc. Last week my long run was along the Union Canal path in Edinburgh, which was pretty good (read: flat). Flat routes are great, Hahahahaha - like today, when I went on a run with Myles along a section of the Water of Leith path. It's a nice route, and the 4.5 mile section we did today included some of the prettier bits, for sure. Plus, gratifyingly, I was able to keep up conversation, while running steadily around 12 minute mile pace - felt really pleased with how I did. Plus Myles is awesome company. :-)



Things are going well. :-) Even when I have to run in the stupid hot weather, which is just ridiculous. Summer can just piss off, frankly!!! *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment