Friday, 24 July 2015

Progress update

Although my running is going well, over the last month I have definitely been taking the eye off the prize when it comes to my main goal this year - getting my weight under control. No excuses, I've been eating badly. What I've found is that when I'm upfront about that, people seem to want to make excuses for me! "Ah, well, you've been on holiday..." or "you're doing a lot of exercise, maybe it's muscle weight?" - no, I've been eating far too much, and making poor decisions. Admittedly, I'm getting back on track, but slowly - I'm still overeating a bit, and I'm making this my priority to resolve this coming week.

Yesterday's weigh-in (week 29) showed I'd lost 1.6lbs again this week (two weeks in a row!) - which brings me back to the weight I first hit 6 weeks ago. That's 43.2lbs lost, or 19.6kgs. In two weeks I've only lost half the weight I had gained the week before that, but I'm back on the right track, so long as I regain my focus. :-) You'll see what this blip looks like on the 2015 chart, below:


It doesn't paint the best picture, but also it's not all bad - as long as I can get back focussed, get my food under control, and keep that line back on it's downward direction of travel! I feel positive about that. I need to get as close to that x axis as I possibly can. When I get closer, I'll make a more educated decision about how much weight I want to lose, but really, no matter what people may think I'm still significantly overweight, and I know the benefits to my life I would get from being lighter and fitter.

The "focus" aspect is an interesting one. I've started really focussing on my running, and am getting out for a run 4-5 times a week now. Focus can be a very good thing, for my goals - but I need to be sure it's not at the cost of something else that is also important on this journey. While I get used to this routine, I've put my gym core/strength work and conditioning to one side, but I definitely need to retain some focus on the toning and shaping work (especially upper body) as the weight continues to fall. I have a fear of the huge sagging expanses of excess skin you see hanging on people who've lost loads of weight over a short period of time - my weight is coming off at a nice steady rate, but let's just say my skin isn't getting any younger, and it's ability to "bounce back" is getting lower, haha. So I need to make sure as I continue to lose weight that I take care of myself too!

Anyway, this was just a bit of a cathartic "get stuff out of my head" - and to update the blog on my weightloss journey. :-) Rest assured, I'm on top of this, and in a very motivated, positive place right now. x

No comments:

Post a Comment