I'm a bit delayed on updating the blog - I'm drafting my post from last weekend's West Highland Way Race, but in the meantime I thought I would give a short update since it's Thursday, and Thursday is weigh-in day!!This week I lost another 2.6lbs, taking my total weightloss so far in 2015 to 47lbs, which is 3 stone 5 or 21.3kgs, in 25 weeks. That's quite overwhelming - it continues to be overwhelming. Every day is something new, something that continues to surprise me, and another motivation to keep going. I'm really pleased, too, that my aims to eat well during the WHW race weekend worked out, and I kept my focus. It wasn't difficult, thanks to all the supportive comments I got from people all weekend (you'll hear more in my next post) - and it gave me more strength knowing I have people behind me.
I've been sticking to my new running training well, over the last couple of weeks, and had a couple of sessions that have been (and I'm overusing the word, but I can't think of better) pretty overwhelming how well I did. It's very early days with my running, but I haven't walked during a run for over 6 weeks now, with the exception of the big hill at Chatelherault lol - I added that up to 85 miles over 17 runs, without a walk break. That's.... just, wow. For most of 2014 I couldn't manage a single mile without a walk break, and now I'm doing 4, 5, 6 mile runs as part of training, and just plodding along at a run. *shakes head disbelievingly* I'm putting the past behind me, and letting go of things that have been preying on my mind for a long time. I'm slow, sure, but with each run I get stronger - physically, and mentally - and if you've followed this blog much over the last couple of years, isn't is just fascinating??!!! Just got to stick with it, and push on. Tonight I can feel my motivation waning a bit, and it's days like this that I have to keep working on my mindset and patterns of thinking - especially since I have a long run in the schedule for tomorrow!! ;-) Onwards and upwards. x x
Another good week on the weight loss front, well done!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you at registration albeit briefly, you really are looking healthy so it's no wonder you got lots of compliments. Thanks for helping out with the WHW Race, happy and helpful what more could a runner want :-)