Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Progress pics

I wrote a picture-free post yesterday, and promised you photies in the next entry. So, here's 4 pictures all taken in 2015 so far (in order, left to right).




This morning was a steady 3 mile run before work - keep the pace within a certain range, and just try to keep it steady. I don't think I've really tried running to a specific pace range before, and mentally I found it tough to manage - and yet, lo and behold, almost perfectly even splits. 3 miles, 11:40 / 11:41 / 11:39 - I'm stunned. More so, being reminded that this is basically 36 minute 5km time, and was just a 'steady training run' - and I think back to only a few short months ago, when I was regularly struggling to run/walk 5kms in under 40 minutes. Or even just run 1 single mile without a walk break!! Just mad.

The more I see progress, be it in photos or the numbers on the scale or running watch, the more it motivates me to keep going. People at work are starting to comment on my appearance now, and I'm struggling to find work clothes in my wardrobe each day that fit me, as tops and trousers get looser and baggier, and require hitching and adjusting all day in the office! Even including clothes I only bought 6 weeks ago, that fit me perfectly then. So maybe I just need to win the lottery now, before I'm down to wearing my running kit to meetings... ;-)

Loving the fever pitch on Facebook as the West Highland Way Race looms ever closer. I'll get my stuff sorted for that later this week - really, really excited about seeing everyone again. I get goosebumps just thinking about the prizegiving ceremony. Before then, though, I have a couple more runs in my own training schedule to get done, and a few more hectic (and very long) days of work to get reports in for deadlines and so on. Ah, real life, how you do so get in the way of the fun stuff! x

7 comments:

  1. What a great series of photo's to illustrate the transformation.

    You missed an opportunity to do the classic transformation photo series by looking depressed in the first photo, and photo shopping the colours to look grey. Instead you look happy from the start to finish, well OK pulling a funny face in the 3rd photo :-P

    Great job on pacing. Not sure I could manage pacing that accurate. Well perhaps if I used a treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're not the first to comment how I should have done "miserable face" in the first ones. Don't worry, I have one hidden away waiting.... :-) Silly face in pic 3 is because I was struggling that day to find a pair of work trousers for an important meeting that weren't falling off me - I could fit both hands into the waistband, sideways, and there was still room, lol.

      Thanks, I was surprised at the pacing myself! I found it really difficult during the run to try and keep may pace in a certain window, but the results speak for themselves. :-) This morning was another 3 miles this time with a pyramid session of short speed intervals, that was tough but in a different way! But another good run in the bag.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous17/6/15 23:14

    Fabulous photo journey! Just fantastic - truly impressive you wee skinnymalink! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah. I have been following your inspirational blog for a while. I have been on a similar journey loosing 1st and running a half marathon in 2012. Unfortunately I then put the weight back on. I met you briefly at the fling ( hubby ran it and I marshaled at Balmaha - big red van ) we were supposed to be at whw but rick is injured. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me following your blog and getting encouragement. It's quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. x x Sorry it's taken me a while to see this comment, but it means a lot, thank you! x x

      Delete