I wasn't sure if I would post anything today, because it felt like 'post 100' should be something a bit different to my usual waffle. However, as I went about my day, I mused on what this last two months have been like, compared to pretty much all of 2014, and it strikes me I'm in a pretty good place right now. Sure, I have low days, and I struggle, but in the main, I'm just plodding along trying to change my lifestyle, and making steady progress bit by bit, day by day. This is what my whole year will be - slow and steady progress, with some bad days, some tough days, and some bloody marvellous days sprinkled about... and I think I'm okay with that.
Although not an 'official' weigh-in today, I decided 1st March called for a jump on the scales this morning. They showed roughly a lb down since Thursday, and a 2 month total weightloss of 17.2 lbs. I'm really pleased with that - in considering what sort of rate of weightloss I was 'targeting' at the beginning of the year, I said I would be happy with half a stone a month (7lbs), so I'm ahead of that, and feeling motivated to keep things going. Today I walked to the gym, did an hour of mixed cardio and resistance, and walked home - it's about 5:40pm now, so once I finish this, I'll be starting prep for tonight's dinner, which will be a turkey stir fry I think. My head has felt like it's screwed on right, today, which is a nice change. Tomorrow should be a rest day, before double-gym Tuesday and a long-ish run on Wednesday, but I reminded myself earlier that I didn't get a proper lunchtime walk done once over the last two weeks, so even on a rest day, the pedometer will get that hammering. :-) It's all about being active, regardless of the activity, and I'm finding that focussing, recording my food and activity, and using that data, is working well for me right now.
So that said, I will most likely continue to very regularly post in the blog, even though this 'challenge' period is up - maybe not every single day, but definitely more days than not. It's really helping me, I think. Thanks so much to those of you who read, and comment - you don't know how much your support means to me. As we move into ultra season and if you're here through WHWblogs or something, I promise the blog will be moving back into that area a bit more too, haha, as I'm set to volunteer at more SUMS races in 2015 than ever before, and I just cannot wait!! What with everything I'm going to achieve this year, together with the incredible achievements I get to watch from others who inspire me, how can I not have the best year yet? x
You've had an amazing couple of months and should be very proud with what you have achieved. I'm so pleased that you will still be doing regular updates xx
ReplyDeleteIt's been good following your progress this year, so will miss the daily updates. Loosing 17.2 lbs in two months is just freaking awesome girl ;-)
ReplyDelete