Thursday, 5 March 2015

Ups and downs

I went for a run after work last night (Weds), covering 5.5 miles in Holyrood Park and Newington-ish area, with a couple of climbs and descents thrown in for good measure. I'm quite pleased with the average pace - it's faster than I've been managing this year, and although it's still some way off my previous form, I'm really happy to see progress. I'm glad I got the run done, and pleased with the way I pushed myself on some of the more challenging bits. Also, running after work is unusual for me, and when you add in the fact that Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I'd only got about 2-3 hours of sleep, I'm generally pretty happy with how it went.

The flat across the stairwell from me has their own security alarm, and the external sensor (in the stair hallway) started to LOUDLY buzz at 1am on Weds, waking me up and lasting continuously all through the night into the morning - there was nowhere I could go in my flat without hearing it constantly going. It happened again last night, though thankfully I'd gone to bed really early, so had had about 5 hours of sleep before I was woken this time. I've spent today trying to get it sorted out, because I thought it was gettng sorted yesterday, but I'd mis-diagnosed the situation. Whoever lives in that flat is clearly away, but we're on the case now, so hopefully it'll get fixed and I won't be woken at 1am tonight!!! I have a slightly different plan this time, though - and a new positive mindset, which will definitely help. This morning I had a PT session, and throughout the hour I was either on the verge of tears, or on the verge of hysterical laughter, due to how tired and emotional I was, but I still managed to get a decent workout done. Oh!! OH! And it's Thursday, so what does that mean? Weigh-in day! I lost 2.8lbs again this week, bloody hell! That's 19.2 lbs in 9 weeks, cannot complain about that!!!!

There's a lot to be positive about at the moment, and the biggest of all of these is that I allowed myself a big mope today about how tired and upset I was, then I had a bit of a talk to myself, dried my eyes, made plans, picked myself up, and just got on with my day. I'm changing the way I speak to myself, and how I react to things, and that can only be a Very Good Thing. x

1 comment:

  1. The alarm situation is awful, totally sympathise with how tough it can be too loose sleep days on the trot, it can totally throw you off balance physically, mentally and emotionally. Fingers crossed you'll get a great night sleep from now on.

    Being able to tackle a challenging run after work and after a crappy nights sleep is great sign of how you are managing things. Really seems like you are getting lots of the ingredients to a healthful life right. Much for you to be chuffed about :-)

    ReplyDelete