Friday, 28 September 2012

7/100 - and on the seventh day....

Today was a complete rest day, and my first this week. In theory, I had rest days on Wednesday and Thursday too, but Wednesday was the swimming lesson, and I ran a mile yesterday, so I'm totally counting them as workouts! :)

I worked from home, which basically means that now (7pm) I feel like I have hardly MOVED today, I really wish I'd worn a pedometer so I could shame myself into activity. However, tomorrow will be more active, and I hope to get a long run done on Sunday, so the odd idle day is just fine. Despite the fact I feel antsy and restless, haha. Check me out, wanting to exercise!!! *faints*

Tonight I'm going to update the last few days in my paper training journal, then get an early night with a book, catch up on some overdue reading.

Just to finish, today I re-read a few of my favourite fitness motivation quotes, so let me share one that speaks volumes today, and is something I really need to work on:

"Most people sabotage themselves because they aren't mindful in the moment. Let your daily actions be governed by your goals and dreams. Whenever you are making an important decision first ask if it gets you closer to your goals or farther away. If the answer is closer, pull the trigger. If it's farther away make a different choice. Conscious choice making is a critical step in making your dreams a reality." - Jillian Michaels


2 comments:

  1. Great quote, Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki - tried to put it into practice today by not buying any junk food at the supermarket, but I'm not happy about it, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete