I have been trying to think of a suitable 100 day challenge to take me up to 2013, but I find from experience that I can't really exercise every single day for any more than a couple of weeks, and I do better with the occasional rest day. As a result, instead of an 'exercise in some way every day' challenge, I've decided that my woefully neglected blog will be fired into life, and I shall write in here every day.
Every. Day. For 100 consecutive days. *panics a bit*
So. Let's get started. Obviously the subject matter will be closely following my health and fitness journey, I'm unlikely to talk about much else. I make no apologies for this. :)
This morning I volunteered at Edinburgh parkrun, and had an absolute ball cheering and encouraging all the runners as they passed me at my marshal point. This was my view (in the distance, the front runners are starting to pour round the corner) - a beautiful late September morning.
I wanted to get a short run done today, because I've been a bit unwell and feel a bit sluggish, but obviously didn't want to push myself. It was bright and sunny, a slight chill in the air, but all in al good weather for running. I ran/walked 3.9 miles, in a relatively slow average pace of 12:07 per mile. I'm not a fast runner at the best of times, but with all the walk breaks today it was pretty snail-like. But most definitely better than nothing!
A pleasant surprise while I was running was that another runner suddenly called out "Sarah?!" and I was amazed to spot Cinzia, a lady I'd never met in person until today, but been in facebook correspondence with since she posted on the Edinburgh parkrun facebook page a while back and I recognised the t-shirt in her usericon as being that of the Julia Jones Running Festival
! The world is a VERY small place sometimes... She doesn't even live in Edinburgh! :) It was really lovely to see her (twice!) as she did a long run, and I struggled just to plod around, haha.
My plan for this 100 Day Challenge is to basically explain what exercise I've done each day, with a bit of extra waffle around the edges. You'll get used to it... x

No comments:
Post a Comment