So today is 1,001 days since I started my current weightloss journey, and I have lost 60lbs. Now, this sounds fantastic, and indeed, it is - but the 'problem' (pffft) is that about 8 or 9 months I was at the same weight. I remarked earlier today that it was like I'd wasted 2012... but then I was kind of reminded to step back a bit, and realise what I've accomplished this year.
In the last 1,001 days I can't even begin to list the ways I've changed, though there are many ways I've not changed at all, and that's exactly how it should be, I guess. This year has been different to the first 2 - this year I've really got my exercise shit together. I've achieved more than I thought possible, despite setting myself some incredibly lofty (unrealistic) goals at the beginning of the year. I haven't done what I challenged myself to, but what I HAVE done is so much better.
I've made exercise a habit. I can absolutely say now that exercise is a habit. I'm floored by JUST that... don't even start to add on things like the Moonwalk, taking almost 10 minutes off my 10km race PB, running a half marathon, reaching the top of a climbing wall, and, yes, getting into a swimming pool. Can't put into words how proud that makes me.
I've also met some amazing new people I am proud to call my friends, who have inspired and pushed me to levels I wouldn't have reached otherwise. I feel kinda blessed by that.
Today's workout was short and uneventful. A 1 mile outdoors run, before work - did it in 11:17 I think. So a reasonable pace, but clearly not enough distance. It's the sort of thing I would call a maintence exercise, a one-mile daily run. The sort of exercise I would be happy with if I was at my target weight. Of course, I'm not there yet. And yes, I haven't made progress on the scales (or in the kitchen), but mentally the progress I've made is immeasurable.
You're doing great! And you'll love getting to read back on all of this on the day you reach your goal weight and from what you're achieving now you'll have prob also run a marathon or two as well!! Ignore the scales - how you feel in yourself is more importane - and if your clothes are looser then it doesn't matter that the scale number reads the same? Keep going - but pls put the blog link onto facebook as I'm technically floored on how you;re meant to track blogs so can only do it via fb!! x
ReplyDelete