Still so shocked and heartbroken over what happened at Boston, but it really makes you think about the brevity of life, and how every day should be lived to the fullest. There is no point being upset about things you can't change, or what others may think. There is no point dwelling on situations in my own life that - with a bit of standing back and thinking about it - really aren't all that important. I am surrounded by people who inspire me daily to be more than I am, and I'm blessed to have people in my life who keep me grounded and sane... well, almost sane.
So, life goes on. Tuesday night was a 4km treadmill interval session, followed immediately by a swim. The run was tough, but I dug in. I noticed people in the gym wearing race tshirts, and I wondered if they were marking respect to the Boston runners, or it's just the first gym tee they grabbed that didn't smell. :-) The swim was tiring, but I managed 20 laps of the 25m pool without any breaks, so I feel I earned my 10 mins in the steam room after that, lol. I'm calling that a triathlon brick session, because frankly, I feel totally hardcore saying that, lmao!!!
Yesterday, Wednesday, was a rest day. It was a day of reflection, planning, and thinking about upcoming races. There's not long now until my first race of the year, eeeeeep.
This morning I headed to the gym early, for a session with the weights. Weighted squats, lifting 20kg, 25kgs, 30kgs and 35kgs, brought home to me how much weight I've lost (currently 30kgs) and how much life I've gained. Can't help but be a wee bit proud of myself for that. Less proud of my proper rubbishy form in plank-to-side-plank twists with a wee dumbbell lift at the same time, mind, but I got it done!!! Because I can. Life, for me, goes on. x x
Yes You Can :-)
ReplyDelete