Friday, 19 April 2013

It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiney day.

After work yesterday I met with my friend Ianthe for a run - we'd arranged it a while back, with no idea what the weather would be like, but to give us our dues, we didn't back out despite ridiculously high winds!! We did, however, struggle to run into the wind, and changed our route a couple of times to try and avoid the worst of it, and there was a lot more walking than there perhaps ought to have been, but lol, I don't care, a 3½ mile run is still 3½ miles, regardless of how long it takes. (*coughs* 50 minutes *coughs*) - Plus, we were gossiping the whole time, as a result of having not seen each other in ages, and I still find it pretty tough to run while talking. It was a good bit of exercise, all the same, especially compared with what I would have been doing otherwise (lying on the couch), and it was a good chance to get a few things off my chest and catch up on her news, etc.

I went to bed very early last night, feeling generally exhausted, and got a pretty good sleep. Woke up to sunshine, excellent - the light mornings are returning!! Breakfast was a leisurely affair - fried off some onion and mixed peppers in some spray oil and a tiny bit of butter, poured in two beaten large eggs, stirred around a wee bit, then left on the heat to cook. Added a little salt at the end, and turned out the omelette onto a plate which I'd piled some raw spinach leaves on the side of. Yum!!!

Slimming class last night, after the run, and I climbed on the scales expecting not very much - so was unsurprised to see no change at all from last week. I've done quite a lot of exercise, but my eating hasn't been ideal - it's a familiar story. I was thinking back to January, where I joined friends in a wee "No Sweeetathon" challenge, having no chocolate, sweets or crisps for 4 weeks, and I'd lost 9lbs... albeit at the cost of a wee bit of sanity, haha. I definitely still turn to junkfood too much, it's an emotional crutch for me, and I have to try and crack this. I think I'm making a lot of progress in general, but this is going to take a more concerted effort. :) I'm honestly finally able to believe I'm up to the challenge, though.

I walked to work alongside the river this morning - really taken aback by how beautiful the colour of the sky was, after what feels like several months of cold, grey, wind rain and snow. I'm not daft, I know how to read a forecast online, lol, so I know the rain's coming back over the weekend - but for this morning, I was content to walk slowly along the river side, in the sunshine, while birds happily hopped about and sang to each other, ducks bobbed about in the water, people walked their playful dogs, and runners passed by. Nodded hello to people, even got some smiles back - a change in weather makes a remarkable difference sometimes. I should say that all this 'at one with nature' stuff was supplemented marvellously by Bananarama's greatest hits on my mp3 player, but perhaps I'd be on my own with that opinion... lol!! Have a wonderful day, people. Make the most of it. x

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous19/4/13 10:35

    Bananrama's greatest hits????!!!!!!!
    I thought better of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oh 'anonymous' one... You know I'm awesome, just deal with it. :)

    ReplyDelete