My gym is a little over 3 miles away from my flat, more depending on route obviously, but I always drive. This morning I had extra time available to me, so I wrapped up warm, and walked 3.3 miles to get there. It took me 58 mins, and I'm quite happy with that - keeping a reasonable pace going, some of the extra time was spent standing at pedestrian crossings waiting for the cars to stop at the lights too. Ah, the perils of fitness walking in a busy city....!
At the gym, I stuck with a good strength session, rather than going on the cardio machines... I know I ought to do more cardio, but I reasoned that the hour's brisk walk will do today. Plus I haven't done weights at the gym for a fair few days. Today's workout was pleasingly varied, and over 400 reps:
1) 5 minutes cross-trainer warm-up
2) Chest fly on incline bench - 2 x 5kg dumbbells - x 15
3) Cable twists, 6.25 kgs - x 15 each side
4) Repeat 2,3
5) Seated shoulder press - 2 x 5kg dumbbells - x 20
6) Lunges, with 10kg barbell on shoulders - x 10 each side
7) Repeat 5,6
8) Bicep curls - 10kg barbell - x 15
9) Single-hand kettlebell swings - 12kg - x 30 (alternating arms)
10) Repeat 8,9
11) Step-ups (step on 7 raisers = 18 inches from ground) - x 15 each side
12) Kettlebell swings - 20kg - x 20
13) Repeat 11,12
14) Sit-ups with a side twist, x 20 (alternating sides) - x 3 sets
Got the bus home, afterwards. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment